Our favorite Filipino swimmer celebrity Enchong Dee shared his heartbreaking experience of being involved in a minor burn accident last October 26 in his personal Twitter account. He sustained tiny burn injuries in parts of his face due to an oil cannister, “Sa mga tulad kong malalapit sa aksidente: Last night while having dinner at a friends place, we started smelling burned something, we unplugged everything but apparently it was the oil canister, my initial reaction was to blow the fire away, as a result the oil went to my face.” Dee also warned the public, especially those who are prone to accidents, to be mindful particularly with hazards that may cause fire. He twitted, “Don’t leave anything na may sindi ng apoy like scented candles, scented oils, cooking appliance, etc. baka eto maging sanhi ng malaking sunog. Please be mindful and careful yeah?! I learned my lesson and I don’t know if this will scar my face.”
Enchong Dee is a model, actor and swimmer. Born in Naga, Camarines Sur, Enchong pursued a swimming career in De La Salle University in Manila. He was part of the Philippine National Swimming Team and has represented our country during the Southeast Asian Games and 2006 Asian Games.
His first television appearance was in 2006 at the talk show “Homeboy”. Since then, he starred in several television commercials such as Close Up, Bench, KFC, Jollibee, and Timex. His big break started in 2009 for his first major role in drama TV series “Katorse” in ABS-CBN. He was also featured in “Maria la del Barrio”, “My Girl”, and “Ina, Kapatid, Anak”. He was awarded “Best Supporting Actor” for his film “Sa’yo Lamang” by the Gawad PASADO. Despite his recent unlucky experience in this burn accident, it can be remembered that Enchong won the one million persos briefcase in the reality show “Kapamilya Deal or No Deal” last 2012 with Kean Cipriano.